1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Thunderfunk TFB-420, w/ Extras!!! Great Condition

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by ibz, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    This is a Thunderfunk TFB-420 in excellent condition. You know these sounds phenomenal and sound so good just set flat. Thunderfunks are loud clear, quick, and cut through the mix oh so well. Rated at a LOUD sounding 400W. The extensive EQ options that you can use to subtly of drastically change your sound is you so choose. The Timbre and Enhance controls are where it’s at though, so flexible for quick, powerful EQ changes. I like to think of these as the magic “do-all” knobs on the amp.

This is the later incarnation of the 420 with the speakon jack, double ¼” speaker outputs, fan On-Off switch, ect. I’ve compared this amp to a more recent Tfunk version and there was waaay more similarities than minute differences. Even though the 550 had an extra 100W or so of power, I noticed very little differences in volume and headroom as the levels started getting cranked. This was when compared with the same levels, and setup. Other TB’ers have posted similar experiences. This just made me appreciate my 420’s value more.

This is still my favorite head and works like a champ. I just can’t hold onto multiple amps right now. Amp comes with removable rack ears, power cord, , and a very well written manual.
    Features:
    · Loud 400W
    · Limiter (Compressor)
    · Aural Enhancer and Timbre Control
    · 4-Band Parametric Equalizer
    · Headphone Jack
    · Line In and Tuner out
    · Post-EQ Balanced Output w/Level Control
    · Pre and Post EQ Effects Loop
    · 2-1/4" speaker outputs
    · Speakon speaker outputs +1/-1
    · Aluminum Chassis
    · Weighs only 17 pounds!!!
    · 100/120/220/240v operation
    · Quiet and reliable
    · Runs with or without the Fan
    · Removeble Rack Ears
    · Great Tone, and More!

DSCF0966crop.

Price is $645 + reasonable ship to U.S. I’d be willing to ship to Canada and likely other countries as well.
    PM me or email at erdawe@yahoo.com
    Please feel free to ask any questions.

2. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Some interest shown, but nothing finalized... So still available.

3. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Well after sifting through a bunch of nibbles, and some fairly serious offers this is SOLD.

Thanks everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.