1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD THUNDERFUNK TFB-420

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Joebone, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    California Republic
    These are great amps - I'm selling my TFB-420 because I've upgraded to a TFB-550B.

This particular sample is #119, which would put it among the first run of this model, but I believe it enjoyed a later visit for upgrades by Mr. Funk as it sports a switchable fan and speaker outputs include two quarter-inch jacks and a Speakon. Puchased from another TB'er about 16 months ago. My use has generally been limited to single 8-ohm cabinet use in jazz-like situations, or for home practice. There are a few scratches on the top and no handle, and a little scratchiness on one of the eq pots, but the bottom feet are present and the front is most presentable. And if you're like most TF users, you'll likely not be using the EQ because the timbre and enhance controls are so effective.

$650, shipped within the Continental U.S., takes it.

2. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    No trades assumed right?

3. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    $650 for the best amp in HISTORY, man? Someone snag this. :cool:

4. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Southern California
    PM sent. Local also!

5. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    California Republic
    Thanks for the trade inquiries, but looking for cash.

Yo, NAD, thanks for the bump - particularly appreciated as coming from someone who includes Melvin Gibbs among his influences! (Which leads you back to Jamerson, as Gibbs says Jamerson took him under his wing).

6. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    How many watts is this into 4 ohm cabinet?

7. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    This one does 400w into 4 ohms. Says it right on the back. Check 2nd picture.

8. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    PayPal Payment Sent

9. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    California Republic
    Yes, Indeed! SOLD!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.