1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thunderfunk TFB-550 Part II:

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by CapnSev, Sep 14, 2008.

1. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    TRADED

I had this thing listed in the spring/early summer, and it ended up staying with me, but the all-consuming GAS is eating my brain.

This is NOT a TFB420, it is a very early version of the TFB550. It is still in a 420 chassis because Dave Funk had not yet released the 550 series, and this is one of the early prototypes that is floating around before the 550 chassis was created. It is evidenced by "The Switch" above the power button, which the 420 did not have. It's a pretty rare bird, but there's members around here who swear by this early model.

I'm the third owner, with fellow TBers KJung being the first, and Vision the second (Here's the link: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4162294#post4162294). All three of us can attest to this amps awesomeness.

There are zero issues with this thing, and the sound is really amazing.

I'm not really interested in trades, unless it's a Markbass head of some sort, the new GK mb2-500, or a Mesa Carbine.

I'll let it go for $675 shipped in the CONUS.

I'd rather not ship internationally for now.

Paypal (must be confirmed) is perferred (especially the echeck).

Here's some pics fo' yo' GAS chump! -

DSC02018.

DSC02020.

DSC02023.

DSC02026.

EDIT: Yes, I do have the rack ears for it - thanks for reminding me!

2. PM sent

3. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    I have this exact same amp folks,and it kicks butt! I've had mine for over a year,and haven't looked at any other amps since.Free bump.

4. PM sent

5. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    Trade is pending...

6. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    TRADED!