Thunderfunk Users - what cab(s) are you using?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scott Lynch, Oct 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2002
    Delaware, USA
    Just played my first gig with my new-to-me Thunderfunk 750 through a pair of Genzler BA 12-3s.

I'm curious as to what other cabs are being paired with this head. What are you using with your Thunderfunk?

2. godley69

godley69

Nov 12, 2004
    Louisiana
    I use my Baer, MAS, Accugroove and Vanderkley cabs, depending on the Venue. My Thunderfunks sound GREAT with them all. Honestly, I’ve never played a T’funk through a cab that they didn’t sound Awesome through! Dave makes an Amp that is almost limitless in its abilities to shape your sound. Of course, All of this is IMHO. Congrats on your acquisition!

Scott Lynch likes this.
  3. chris_b

chris_b

Jun 2, 2007
    I played my TF750 through Berg AE210's, AE112's and a CN212 and then through Barefaced Super Compacts. It sounded great with all of them.

Unfortunately I sold it to raise some cash, and the new owner is loving it through a Vanderkley 212MNT.

Repeating the mantra. . . . I haven't heard a cab that didn't sound good with a TF.

Scott Lynch and godley69 like this.
  4. TC RS210/212
    Baer ML112
    Berg CN212

Scott Lynch likes this.
  5. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2002
    Delaware, USA
    A lot of awesome cab choices here! I'm curious as to what the TF might sound like through one of the Berg NV cabs. I've got my eye on the NV212T.

6. Bergantino AE 410 or Bag End S15D / S15XD stack.

Scott Lynch likes this.
  7. MarkA

MarkA In the doghouse. Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Would love to try a 750 or 800. I picked up a 550B not too long ago and have played two gigs with it and my MAS 112. Played it at home with an Audiokinesis Hathor 1203, with and without a MAS 110 sub -- sounded good and I'm confident it would work well live (I've gigged the 1203 with the sub, just not with the TFunk).

Not my cab, but I did use the TFunk with a backlined Ampeg PR1832HE and it worked well with that cab.

Scott Lynch likes this.
  8. B-line

B-line Inactive

Bergantino HS 410

Scott Lynch likes this.
  9. Charley Umbria

Charley Umbria I'm Really a Drummer

Jan 28, 2011
    Rock City, TN
    I'm using a pair of DNA DNS-112's with my TFB-420 and they sound fantastic. The head also sounds absolutely massive with my Fender 610 Neo, but that's more cab than I want (or need!) to haul around...

Scott Lynch likes this.
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 26, 2022