Thunderfunk Users - What cabs are you using?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by anyonefortennis, Aug 31, 2005.

1. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Curious what are you guys using with your t-funks. How does it sound?

I'm using a Begie NV425 and I love the sound. I try to give it a nice vintage sound and can get it quite well with this setup. However sometimes I fell the tfunk could use a lil more juice to power the cab (maybe I should have gone with the 550 :()

Your comments are always appreciated as usual :hyper:
  2. I'm not familiar with that cab, but looked on the Berg site and it is a big, honkin' beast! I bet is sounds great. I did notice that the sensitivity was relatively low,. Although from what I learned on this site, that is not always an 'apples-to-apple' comparison, that might be part of the 'problem'. It did say it was a 40hm cab on the site, so at least you are putting the full 400 into it.

If you do a search on Thunderfunk, I think you will see many, many comments of people using their TF with Accugroove, Schroeder and Epifani cabs (among other's) with great success. I know personally the head sounds great with the EpifaniUL line and the Schroeder line, but have not used any other cabs with it.
  3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I use Schroeders, they sound great together IMHO :cool:
  4. michele

michele Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2004
  5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I've been using 2*10's mostly, EA and Epifani. Sounds great
  6. rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    I use a pair of GS112s...couldn't be happier! (No, please...take that Accugroove away...please!) All seriousness aside, I, for one, like the slight mid scoop that the GS112s have. It comes closer to the bassist's elusive "sound that I have in my head" quality that I crave. Another big plus for me with the GS112s is that their form factor is perfect for my ability to haul stuff, store it, and throw it into the back seat of a small car. Yeah, I think they are 'cute' too! I am falling head over heels in love with my Thunderfunk and find that it will drive a single GS112 better than any other amp I have tried to do it with. (not that I try to 'do it' with amps...that'd be pervin')

7. I use an Aguilar 212 as well. I loved the Bergantino stuff, had mixed tending to negative opinions of Epifani, and just plain negative on the Schroeders. OK, but not great with Eden, and great with Ampeg. My friend remembers me trying the accugroove with it, but I don't personally remember that. He says it was pretty unremarkable, anyway.

I don't want a flat sound out of my bass rig, I want a pleasant & usable sound out of my affordable, easy-to-carry equipment. Thunderfunk + Aguilar is not cheap stuff, but it's a lot cheaper than some.
  8. I use Raezer Edge cabs with my TF420. Wow. None better. I dare you to find one better. The RE Bass 12-400 with a Bass-10 extension...simply incredible.