1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thunderfunk

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hizzoner, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Hizzoner

Hizzoner

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago area
    Looking for a storage/transpo solution for a TF 550B..
    What do you guys do?
    I do not expect to move this unit much, If I do ONLY I will be carrying it, but would still like to keep the weight down..not sure if it will fit a shallow rack...
    Understand the chassis runs hot, so not sure about a rack bag...

Love the TF cabbage case but not ready to spend 225 and it is more than I need..

Ideas?

Thanks

Mark

PS..big thanks to Steve for the opportunity....

2. DblG

DblG

Apr 27, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    I use the handle on the side. Not worried about a few scratches...all works well on the inside!

3. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
  4. funkometer

funkometer Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Birmingham AL
    Just get a gator 2sp rackbag. Its cheap,light, can throw it on yer shoulder with the strap and its got room for your cables. What i have my 750 in.

5. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    check the bay the have a rack for the T-Funk..

6. LowBSix

LowBSix Commercial User

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    I use a Kaces 2 space soft bag...

7. It will fit in a shallow rack

8. nemo

nemo

Mar 19, 2004
    Czech
    I use this generic aluminium tool-box. The TF fits there perfectly. You just have to pull out the internal compartment dividiers.
    It is also very cheap.

http://www.elektroraj.cz/detail.asp?floor=15&database=fkt&shop=76&id=115909

[​IMG]

I don't know if it is available in your country, but in Czech (EU?) you have it in all big chains of hobby stores like OBI, Baumax, Bauhaus, etc.
    It is China made anyway.

9. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

FYI, the 550b does not run particularly hot, so no problem there. I believe the 750a run at 2ohms runs very hot, but the 550b even pushed at 4ohms with the fan on only gets a little warm.

I LOVE the cabbage case, and would recommend saving your pennies for one. GREAT case. However, I also used a standard SKB 2 space rack with mine (it will 'barely' fit in a shallow rack, but it's nice to have room for cables, etc. in the back of the standard SKB 2 space). I believe they are around $125 at Musician's Friend.

10. michele

michele

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    I used a Protec 2U for a while but soon I realized that this way it wasn't more the great lightweight amp that I bought. So I just rely on the side handle and enjoy lifting it with two fingers!
    And don't worry about scratches and bumps ... everything will be fine inside.

11. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    pretty sure the aguilar carry bag for the ag500 fits the tfb550.

but you might want to check. fyi, the ag500 is about 10" deep.

[​IMG]