Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thunderfunk's "Used Gear" Page???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Oct 4, 2005.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    saw this:

http://www.thunderfunk.com/TF_Used_Gear.html

seems like a terrific place for some killer gear. :cool:

and btw, no affiliation. just thought it'd be good to share a place for some gents/ladies to grab some killer gear.

2. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    i was just thinking of making this thread yesterday when i was on the thunderfunk website :D

3. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Damn. Good stuff! :eek:

4. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks to jokerjkny for mentioning it. I had not heard of it before. Great gear, great prices, and Dave Funk is a pleasure to deal with!

5. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Great Gear and Prices!!

6. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    That's my old crest st2000. Someone please buy it before I take it back!!!! :)

7. Thunderfunk

Thunderfunk

Mar 27, 2004
    McHenry, IL
    And all that stuff was traded for Thunderfunk amps. I still have to post an Alembic FX-1, and an iAMP-800. It's pretty cool having all this stuff. It really gives me a good idea of what other gear sounds like. So far the Aguilar and Demeter are the nicest. Haven't played the Alembic yet though. I expect it to be in the same class. The QSC is a great amp and a great value, and their new stuff isn't made of concrete. I have a Stewart World 2.1 that's almost sold. The customer better hurry or it'll be listed soon. The Crest is the nicest power amp I have. The Eden is the nicest head I have. (Present company excepted!) No wonder it's a pro standard.

8. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Great prices! You never see a EBS octavebass for a hundred bucks. :cool:

9. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    That's why I just sent an email offering to buy it :)

10. Jerry Ziarko

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    That's why I bought it on Tues!! :D

11. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    I got the email this morning :bawl:

Enjoy it.

12. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    And for a good reason :D

13. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    I live 20 minutes away from Vernon Hills. I did not know that is Thunderfunk labs was that close to me. I may have to stop by and take a listen. :D

14. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Yeah, I know. It's BRAND NEW...never gigged...it was mine-sat in a drawer since new just couldn't incorporate it. The Ampeg SVT III Pro above was mine, as well.

I want to honestly thank Dave, for his generous trade in policy. I was able to get into a new TF 550 for not much more than my gear at trade in. The Thunderfunk is the most amazing amp I have ever played through. Loud beyond belief. Articulate. The fact that any sound that I want...regardless of bass that I am playing...is simply a matter of twisting the 'enhance' and 'timbre' knobs. I had the 'enhance' on my SWR...but it wasn't remotely as effective as on the Thunderfunk. I cannot imagine any solid state amp (or few tube amps) that could sound any better. The fact that it weighs only 15 lbs makes it a done deal.

THANK YOU DAVE!!!

Kim

15. Jerry Ziarko

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    You're telling me!! I recieved it today and couldn't believe the shape that it was in. Thanks for taking care of it for me!!! ;)

16. FYI.... that's my M2000 on the site, which I traded in for my second TF550! The M2000 was purchased new a couple of years ago directly from Mesa after they discontinued the model. It was one of the last units produced and has less than 20 hours of playing on it.... literally new... not a scratch.

It's a great sounding unit, but I just didn't use the massive capabilities that it has.... with all the channel switching, etc.

Anyway, if anyone is looking for one of those heads, the one on Dave's site (if it's still there) would be a good one to get!

17. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I've been bouncing around the idea of picking up that Ashdown preamp, but I think I may pass. I'm not sure that it will offer much beyond what any of my other preamps can offer (other than the subharmonics thing, which is kind of cool).

Tom.

18. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    lol,

tommyB turn down a piece of gear?!?! what the? :p

19. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Only to buy other gear, my friend! :D

Tom.

P.S.
    One particular item on the "to be acquired list" happens to be a TFB550! ;)