Thundergutz Bass

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by pedrodelawasp, Sep 22, 2016.

1. I really should have made a thread on this at the time, but here are a few shots of a build and a bass with it's owner. Completed and handed over in November last year.

[​IMG]

Mmm, lovely Walnut

[​IMG]

Layout

[​IMG]

Making a deeper neck pocket routing template

[​IMG]

Body template

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With a maple on maple neck I decided not to use in the end

[​IMG]

Coming together with some tung oil on there

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hanging out with some of my own gear

[​IMG]

And this is me presenting it to Brian Cook from Russian Circles.

I must point out that I approached Brian about building him a bass, asking for his constructive criticism/feedback as an aspiring luthier. As I have done previously with the guitar I made for Chelsea Wolfe I was looking to get something I had made in to the hands of a musician I genuinely admire, to hear their thoughts and to challenge myself.

I can say Brian is a very warm, gregarious character and has been very kind in asking to have this picture taken with me and sharing on social media.

Also, he and Russian Circles played an amazing set that night in St Luke's, Glasgow.

lbridenstine likes this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021