1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thunderscreech's Magical Noise Machine

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Thunderscreech, Apr 20, 2010.

1. In a few months, I will be getting one of these hot little boxes. This box will then form the centerpiece to my newest project or whatever. In addition, I will have a delay pedal (if I can come up with the $60 soon...) my drum machine, and of course my bass, because who doesn't like spaced out droney nosie with distorted bass and minimalist drums in the background?:eyebrow:

*crickets*

Anyway...about this set-up, I will have bass, WSG and drum machine running into one amp. Speaker destruction city? Possibly, but who cares. It can take it. I need to be able to fade these things in an out with each other so i was thinking some sort of mixer that would enable me to fade these things in and out with eachother, but also enable me to mix delay and stuff in with the signals as well. Probably any small, inexpensive mixer (a la Behringer Euromixer) or something. Eventually I will have a looper and will thus avoid [DEL]all[/DEL] some of these problems, because you might still need the mixer to process the effects for the individual signals stupid.

Anyway, if my ways of explaining it is too roundabout or something, I'll try and provide a photoshoop with not-to-scale pictures I jacked from google image search and brightly-colored lines representing signal paths.

2. Okay maybe this will make it easier.
    MagicalNoiseMachine.

I mean, I could also just run the WSG through the delay and thus avoid alot of that madness...but maybe vocals might be an addition so I want to keep things open...

3. faceinbass

faceinbass

Apr 20, 2008
    KCMO
    I can't wait to hear it.
    Post clips or vids upon completion please.

4. I will do that for sure. Probably not in the full capacity you see here, but I must start small and move up...

5. faceinbass

faceinbass

Apr 20, 2008
    KCMO
    just save up for the deluxe memory boy..

tap tempo is required.

6. I wish. :atoz: between having to buy the WSG and the mixer I'll be straight out of money for awhile.

7. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    I think you might need a DI box to get the bass (and possibly the synth) into the mixer, and a re-amp box to get the mixer output to your amp.

8. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL that is hysterical. That whole page is hysterical.

9. You think so? I guess there is a good bit of signal difference in impedence between these three things...:meh:
    for the bass I was planning on using my SansAmp into the mixer via the DI, but was too lazy to type it all out in the OP...maybe lazy is the wrong word here...:ninja:

10. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    Well that should be cool. You might be able to go out of the mixer and into the effects loop in of your amp, but I imagine that will bypass the preamp, unless you've got a pre/post switch on it.

11. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    The setup looks to be fine. You might even want to invest, if you can, in a mixer with either a usb or a firewire port. add a laptop later on for even more goofball stuff!

12. oh man, I really want one of those.

13. johnrambo

johnrambo

Jan 7, 2010
    i'm really interested to see how this works for you. i've been thinking about setting something similar up but didn't know if one of those behringer mixers would do the trick. seems like it should.

14. Sounds like what I've been thinking about doing for my solo project.

We do lots of stuff like this in my band too. One of our guys runs all his synths, pedals, and vocals into a little behringer mixer with built in effects. It's not ultra high quality but it doesn't really need to be for our style. I forget the model number but I'm sure you can scope it out pretty easily on their website.

I don't think you'll need a DI and a re-amp box, especially for short local cable runs.

15. faceinbass

faceinbass

Apr 20, 2008
    KCMO
    save your pennies.
    You will want a tap tempo delay.

16. I can see this coming in handy. :(

Tap-tempo will be moved to 3[SUP]th[/SUP] on the priority list...

17. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    naw, I've ran a very similar setup to what he has drawn up without any issues (mine was bass + sampler + tape deck + feedback looper into behringer eurorack mixer).

18. Buchada Azeda

Buchada Azeda

Mar 25, 2009
    Brazil
    That page made me LMAO!

19. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    Did you run the output of the mixer straight into the front end of your amp?

20. The effects loop is behind the pre-amp on my amp. It goes direct into the power amp.