Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thursday - Full Collaps

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Duff_Man182, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Duff_Man182

Duff_Man182

Jul 28, 2001
    Miami,Fl USA
    any1 here like thursdays new cd full collapse? thursdays an aweome emocore band. super melodic and sometimes heavy. great vocals. give it a try!

2. I heard Understanding and it was one of the most unfocused songs I've ever heard. The transition from the verse to the chorus is just terrible in my opinion. Guess I'll have to wait for some more singles to be released before I condemn this band anymore. ;)

3. Bryan_G

Bryan_G

Apr 28, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    GREAT!!!!

I love thursday. I have both of their albums and can't get enough. I have never heard of HUM? Might have to check those guys out. On a simi similar note, have you guys ever heard Grade? I love those guys too.

4. I saw these guys a few months ago (opening for Rival Schools) and was extremely underwhelmed. They are a throwback to the screamo stuff that was popular circa 1993, but boring. Typical north
    Jersey Victory Records crap. I think they're trying to ride the now-nonexistant ATDI bandwagon.

Smash, this is nothing like Hum. Hum actually wrote intelligent, well written songs...

5. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    I'm bringing this thread back cuz I just bought Full Collapse and I really like it.Yeah Matt,theyre similiar to ATDI.

6. Their singer is god awful. I heard Cross Out the Eyes and it was again awful. People will buy anything these days.

7. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    No,people will buy anything they like.Remember,just because you dont like something doesnt make it bad.Alot of people like Primus but Les doesn't doesnt have the greatest voice.

8. But Les' voice flows with the music. Primus is dark, muddy, and ugly and his voice works. In Thursday, the guy sounds like he suffers from a lack of testosterone, and it's ear shattering when he screams. *shudders*

9. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    ...I suppose that's why were all entitled to our 'opinion';)

Personally, I really dig Thursday. I think 'Full Collapse' is a very honest piece of work. And as far as sounding like ATDI, I really don't think so. I mean outside of the screaming vocals I really don't see the comparison...but there's that thing again..my OPINION;)

Anyway, getting to see them play in August at the Warped Tour and can't wait. Hopefully they put on a good show.

Cest la vie:)

Alex

10. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Bah...I really dont care if you like Thursday or not cause I do. Great band, I love the vibe.

11. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Anyone have their first cd Waiting?I'm thinking of buying it.

12. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    I have 'Waiting'. It's a solid cd.

If you like 'Full Collapse', I'd go ahead and try and get it, but if you didn't like 'Full Collapse', 'Waiting' really isn't different enough to sway your mind:)

Alex

13. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    Bassline, what is your problem? Thursday is awesome. The first few times I heard them they were very hard for me to stomach cause they have a very rough sound to them. I really hated them but now they are probably my favorite band. You just have to get into them.

14. I have a problem because I don't happen to like a particular band?

15. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001
    Jersey/DC
    thursday? yuck. :p

16. You said it, brother! :D ;)

17. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    You are coming off as a jerk by making opinionated statements like "the singer's voice is god-awful." Many people, including me, happen to like his voice.

18. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    And me,but...he's allowed to dislike his voice.

19. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Yeah, easy lo-end...Bassline is entitled to his opinion just as much as you are.

I happen to like Thursday as well, but that doesn't mean Bassline can't say, "Man, that singer sucks huge donkey balls and I wish he would die". He's entitled to that just as much as you are to say "Thursday is my favorite band".

True, he could have done it with a little more TACT, but hey, it's a little hard to use vocal undertones across a keyboard:)

Anyway, we should all respect each others opinions a little more and the world would be a much happier place.

Oh yeah,... THURSDAY RULES!!:p

Alex

20. TheLastMinute

TheLastMinute

Jun 23, 2002
    Thursday rocks!!!!!!!!