Thursday gig last night.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mr. Zebraface, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Oh my God, if you remotely like anything rock/punk/emo orientated, go and see Thursday. Last night was one of the best gigs I've been too, due to the support bands as well.

Further Seems Forever up first - wanting to see these guys for ages. Really good emo stuff, not screamy at all. Were pretty good, although I thought their set list was a bit strange. I didn't think they'd play most of the songs they did. Got album signed by singer and bassist.

Coheed And Cambria - now the singer from these lot not only has utterly amazing hair, he's got one of the strangest voices I've ever heard in a punk band. He sounds like a girl, but his voice is incredible. Another band I've wanted to see for ages. Bad luck though - technical difficulties cut their set short. :bawl:

Thursday - just amazing. Downright incredible. Played all my favourites, and played for about 1 hour 20 mins due to Coheed going off early. Really good energy, great crowd interaction, everything was spot on. Not too much preaching about politics just got on with it and let the songs do the talking.

So if any of these bands play round you, go and see them. I swear you won't be dissapointed.
  2. Nope, Thrice weren't on the tour, but they're playing Manchester tommorow! It's a shame because I really like Thrice, and Thursday and Thirce are like best mates. But check Coheed out, they are amazing. The guy plays a Warwick as well, sounded really sweet, plenty of growl.