Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TI-89 titanium anybody?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Sep 15, 2004.

1. hello, i just want to know if anyone here is proficient with the aformentioned calculator...i need some help!

Charlie

2. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i can get by with a regular 89.

what do you need?

3. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I just got one myself, could use some help too :oops:

4. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    the manual is the most incomprehensible waste of trees i've come across in my entire existence.

but...if there's some mathematical tool you'd like to look up, they're listed alphabetically. you might need to do some guess-work, though, as the alphabetical list is for the calculator's commands, not the english words themselves.

e.g., the command for "dot product" is listed as "dotP()."

umm...any specific questions?

5. +1

anyways, yeah, i had a question...i want to know what i am doing wrong. i have an assembly program, and i also have PreOS. i am trying to get preos to run but whenever i run it, it just puts PreOS on the screen, as if it was just running through multiplication or something.
    what am i doing wrong?

6. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    :help:

i am completely unqualified to even think about considering to attempt to answer that question. :/

maybe you can e-mail an employee of texas instruments with your question.

7. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
  8. thanks, i actually figured out what i did wrong. i was transferring the wrong files.... ;)

[/hits self going "stupid...stupid...stupid"]

but i am glad to know that i can actually find someone to talk to...there is nobody online who actually could offer help anywhere else on the internet!

Thanks,
    Charlie

9. well, one more thing i need help with...
    is there a way to get it so even though the answer that comes out an actual number?
    here is an example of what happens. I need to convert a number from DMS to DD. ie: 21º47'12".
    so i punch it all in on the calc, and i get the answer 1634/75, which is correct, but i don't want it in a fraction, i want the full number! is there a way to convert fractions to decimals on the TI-89 Titanium? i know past TI calcs have the frac->dec button, but there doesn't seem to be one on this one!

Charlie

10. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    MODE -> exact/approx -> approx.

11. one million thank you's to you Tsal! that really helps!!

you are the man!

12. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    No problem, I had the same problem when I first got my TI :)

13. or you can just press that green diamond button, then enter. I use both, so I prefer to keep it in exact mode.

14. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    Another easy way is to multiply your answer by 1. As in one followed by a decimal.