1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TI Flats on a vintage L2K?

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by lmfreeman9, Mar 8, 2008.

1. lmfreeman9

lmfreeman9 Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Arizona
    I have 2 basses with rounds. Early L-1000 and L-2000E. I have a set of TI Jazz Flats I'd like to try on one of them. Any suggestions?

2. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    I can't speak for the L1k, but I have a 90's/early 2000's fretless L2k custom with TI Flats, and they sound AWESOME! However, give them time to break in (I'd say a good week or so with regular playing time - gigs, band practices and whatnot) before passing judgment.

--Lee

3. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    yea, baby, yea.

4. Bassman822

Bassman822

Sep 1, 2007
    Bessemer, AL
    I had TI jazz flats on my 82 2000e for a while, but they "just didn't seem right", so I moved the TI's to my fretless and put D'Addario chromes on the G&L. IMO, I'd put the TI's on the L1K

5. Kyon`

Kyon`

Aug 17, 2007
    Boston, MA
    l2k with TI flats are very good combination. I can even pull off a decent slap tone, don't use it much any who, but it's possible.

6. earlgray

earlgray

Jul 12, 2005
    Raleigh, NC
    There's a reason why TI Flats are my favorite strings -- they sound & feel awesome on both my "B00" L-2000e & L-1000....

7. metron

metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    I would put the flats on the L1000 since it's mostly redundant. If you ever wanted a roundwound sound from the L1000 pickup position, your L2000 will provide that.

8. I have an L2000 that I string up with fat, nasty La Bella flats, and I could not be happier.

9. lmfreeman9

lmfreeman9 Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Arizona
    Put them on the L2K last night and I am now approaching sonic nirvana. Thanks!