1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TI flats on MM Stingray?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by atom1962, Apr 10, 2009.

1. atom1962

atom1962 Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    Indianapolis. indiana
    thinking about buying Stigray 4 string. i have flats on my other bases, and i love them, but would you put them on Stingray?
    i dont slap bass, i play finger style....
    very interested in your opinions...
    thanks guys

2. Bardley

Bardley

Nov 16, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    I have a stingray 5 and a p bass with TI flats. I wouldn't really consider flats on my ray. There are a few guys around here who play flats on rays. I just like the sound of rounds on the ray.

3. atom1962

atom1962 Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    Indianapolis. indiana
    thanks for nice link

4. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

All I've had on my SR4 for the last 10 or 12 years have been TI flats. I first set lasted about 7 years then one of them broke. I splurged and replaced the whole set.

I think on a 'ray, the TI flats have a fairly unique sound.

LeonD

5. gnome01

gnome01

Oct 30, 2001
    Bronx NY, USA
    I had an early EB Sabre that I put flats on - not exactly a Stingray, but they really warmed up the sound of that bass.

6. TI flats on my 2 band SR as well.

7. mrufino1

mrufino1 Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2005
    Nutley, NJ
    Ti Flats on my stingray and I will never use another kind of string. I LOVE the sound of these on this bass, just recorded all day and it was thick as anything, chain was stingray- sansamp RBI- firepod, sounded awesome and fits right into all of the songs we did today.