1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TI flats question for G&L 2500

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by akflyer, Oct 4, 2010.

1. akflyer

akflyer Supporting Member

Feb 27, 2008
    I recently picked up a G&L Tribute L2500, and I am interested in trying some TI flats. Does anyone know which set will work for stringing through the body? They have a long scale and super long scale set. Thanks!

2. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    I ran a super long scale set thru body without issue. Make sure you go thru body on the 2500. They only have two screws holding the bridge down.

3. akflyer

Feb 27, 2008
    With the super long set was the length of the wrapping okay with the nut? Were there any issues with the bends? Thanks!

4. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    TI strings are made long to begin with so they work for stringing through body on a 34" scale bass or though bridge on a 35" scale bass. You only need the super long if you are going to be stringing through body on a 35" scale bass. I believe the L2500 is a 34" scale bass so you would want the regular scale JF345 set. The super long would be way to long.

5. akflyer

Feb 27, 2008
    You are correct, it is 34". The JF345 set is quite a bit cheaper, so that is great. Thanks for the help!

6. i use the 34s on my l2500.....no problemo

7. akflyer

Feb 27, 2008
    Are you stringing through the body?

8. lowfreqgeek

lowfreqgeek

Mar 15, 2010
    Tijeras, NM
    The regular 34" strings should work fine on the L2500. I haven't tried them on that bass yet, but I've used them on my 35" Turner and they have a LOT of extra length past the nut.

Give it a try and let me know how they sound... I've been thinking about it, but the set I have is reserved for the Turner and I don't want to drop $65 on strings I may not like on that bass.

Love the TI Flats on my Pbass, though...