1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TI flats with BigSplits

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by stedtale, Mar 29, 2015.

1. I have been playing DR LoRiders for years .... decades .... but am very interested in switching to flats, and want to check out TI Jazz Flats. I have heard them on other's basses and they sound nice.

My set-up:
    BigSplits
    Audere JZ3
    5-string
    Pretty much a super-Jazz bass

I love the DRs after they have broken in for a few weeks and lose their zing. I often find myself muting with my hands or foam to get more thump out of my DRs. So maybe The TIs are the way to go.

I play mostly contemporary worship, and get calls to do other styles as well.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I don't think you would be disappointed with TI's. They are a fantastic string that are unique unto themselves. Another option if you want to stay with rounds would be DR Sunbeams. They are more mellow than Lo Riders.

3. Thanks christle-

I've had sunbeams on a 4 string p before, can't remember them ... getting too old....