TI Flats

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bcarll, Jan 3, 2003.

1. bcarll

Oct 16, 2001
    Well I just installed my first set of flats on my bass and it sounds great. So glad I chose the TI Flats for my first set. I probably haven't gotten used to them yet but I am noticing a bit more friction on my plucking fingers (not my fretting fingers). I have never used flats before and really expected that smooth feel --- my fingers seem to roll off the rounds but drag on the flats. Do the flats on the strings need to be parallel to the fretboard and the body so that your fingers don't go into the edge of the flat or doesn't it make a difference? Like I said my first experience with flats. It was suggested to me to try a spray on my fingers to illiminate the drag but don't know what they were talking about. Is something available like that ?
    If you were hesitating about trying the TI Strings I'll give you a thumbs up on sound and quality.And it seems like others would say the longevity of these strings is quite good. The tone is what sets them apart. Just my two cents!

2. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    The grabby feeling of TI's lessens quite a bit after a few weeks of playing. Thomguy explained the why once either here or on the FDP.

Other "traditional" flats do have a smooth feel, i.e. Lakland Joe Osborn flats.