Ti jazz flat lifespan?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by JAL, Jan 30, 2005.

1. JAL

Dec 15, 2004
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Hey everbody.
    Put some Ti jazz flats on my warwick corvette freltess bout 2 weeks ago; just played a gig with them. Took my bass off teh wall today and it sound noticibly not-as-bright (but warmer). Lacks the twang they had, and the mwah is less fer some reason. The bass is perfectly set up- im wondering if anyone has any experience with Jazzy flats and how long they last?
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    sounds like you've about got them broke in. Once the tone settles they last for years
  3. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    I've had the same TIJF's on my Streamer for 2 years now.
    They are just fine, but I think it's time for a new set.
  4. JAL

Dec 15, 2004
    Cleveland, Ohio
    thanks for the quik reply;; do you guys clean em or wipe em off? (i wipe en after every session...dont wanna do denatured alc. cause its a fretless and i dont want to hurt the boarD)
  5. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Clean hands.
    Wipe 'em off.

I keep fluids away from them because I'm paranoid
    about the reaction with the inner silk wrap.
  6. I have a set of TI Jazz flats that were on a fretless Stingray I bought last year. I recently took em off since I'm experimenting with rounds right now but I noticed there's some dry white residue - looks like resin - on the E string. Anyone know what's up with that (please no nasty jokes...)?
  7. jazz567

Nov 23, 2004
    I had a set on a PBass for 3 yrs. I put on a new set of TI Flats, but I'm sure the 3 yr old set would have been fine for even longer.
  8. Hey fellow low enders..........I want to try these babies on my jazz fretless.......dont want to break the kids piggy bank........any advice on web sites would help mucho~! thanks.....tallpaul :meh:
  9. JAL

Dec 15, 2004
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Juststrings.com have decent prices...E bay is also a good bet (make sure the package is unopened)
  10. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Yeah, the TI's lose a bit of the twang as they settle in and become rather warm and fuzzy as they age.
  11. AlembicPlayer

AlembicPlayer Im not wearing shorts

Aug 15, 2004
    Pacific Northwet, USA
  12. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Me too
  13. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
  14. Just ordered some ti flats for my jazz fretless, cant wait for them to come........I like the ghs , and use elixir now, but they elixirs are marking the fretboard up too much.
    keep groovin all.....tallpaul :smug:
  15. just ordered a set for my fretless 5 lets see how it turns out
  16. Gotta give the dude a 10........ordered my jazz flats on moday lunch hour.......he shipped them monday aft...I got them weds just in time for a jam practice.... love the sound and feel on my 03 jazz fretless........played other strings over 20years........have found the best.........thanks all for your great advice!
    groove on,,,,,tallpaul :hyper:
  17. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    Have a set on my fretless P-bass for 2 1/12 years, sound great.
    Once they break in sound just fine.
  18. JAL

Dec 15, 2004
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Yea...theyre pretty much perfect right now. Dunno if its the strings or bass...warwicks just sound good. But i wont knock fender :)/
  19. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Give them even more time to settle in...they get better.

Yours are just getting broken in now.
  20. Been on my jazz for 2 weeks of hard playing.
    Man do they sound and feel wonderfull. worth every dollar .
    keeping it low.....tallpaul