1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TI Jazz Flats -- B-string though body??

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by Mike H, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Mike H

Mike H Senior bassist Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Anyone have any luck stringing a TI Jazz Flat B-string though the body of an L-2500 Trib?? Even after trimming off the wrap it wouldn't go through and I had to string it through the bridge, which I don't like!

(Actually, I got them for my AEB, but they sound great on the L-2500 ... )

2. Mike H

Sep 20, 2006
    Sheesh, guys ... don't everybody answer at once ...

:-/

3. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Usually you're not supposed to string flats throught the body on basses. They will tend to unravel or break where they bend coming out of the body ( a wrap of flat metal will shift easier than a round wrap when bent, although there are people that do it- it s just not suggested by most string companies. Its weird that you can't fit it though, I use DRs with a .130 B string that fits through the body on my 2500 and it seems like TI doesn't even make strings of that large a gauge! I actually plan to try stringing some Chromes or DR flats (once I find them in 5 string sets) through the body on mine- I might as well try it myself before really suggesting for others not to!
    Karl

4. Mike H

Sep 20, 2006
    The TI B string is .136 ...

5. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    I put the 0.136 thru body on a L-2500. I recall it being tite. Maybe with tolerances on both the bass and the string, it may not go in some cases.

Dave