1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TI Jazz Flats on a StingRay 5

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by TSanders, Aug 7, 2005.

1. So I got a good used set of TI flats from TBer Jason (bassmonkeee), and let me tell ya.

IM SOLD.

Wasnt wowed by the tone with the bass by itself, but I slipped in a few CDs and hot dang. My StingRay 5 was singing.

I have always liked the SR5s, but have always felt something missing, and the TIs rounded that out.

I really cant even put into words how good these strings sound to me. The StingRay 5 and the TI Jazz Flats sound like they were made for each other.

2. BudWirth

BudWirth

Jul 20, 2005
    I put on my first set of T I Flats last week. Made my old fretless come to life. I'm officially a T I Jazz Flats fan. Couldn't beleive all the compliments I got on the sound of my bass. Was even asked if I changed pups.

3. Yeah, I like 'em too, but what about the low B? -On my Bongo 5'er it really doesn't have enough output to match the other strings. Perhaps I should lower the B to get it closer to the pup?

4. FenderP

FenderP

May 7, 2005
    When I had a MM Stingray 4 fretless I had Roto RS88s and the MM Stingray 5 I had awhile back had a RS77LE + .125 Roto flat E. They sounded good and tamed the basses IMHO

Flats don't kill the MM sound at all.