Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TI Jazz Flats on a StingRay 5

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by TSanders, Aug 7, 2005.

1. So I got a good used set of TI flats from TBer Jason (bassmonkeee), and let me tell ya.

IM SOLD.

Wasnt wowed by the tone with the bass by itself, but I slipped in a few CDs and hot dang. My StingRay 5 was singing.

I have always liked the SR5s, but have always felt something missing, and the TIs rounded that out.

I really cant even put into words how good these strings sound to me. The StingRay 5 and the TI Jazz Flats sound like they were made for each other.

2. BudWirth

BudWirth

Jul 20, 2005
    I put on my first set of T I Flats last week. Made my old fretless come to life. I'm officially a T I Jazz Flats fan. Couldn't beleive all the compliments I got on the sound of my bass. Was even asked if I changed pups.

3. Yeah, I like 'em too, but what about the low B? -On my Bongo 5'er it really doesn't have enough output to match the other strings. Perhaps I should lower the B to get it closer to the pup?

4. FenderP

FenderP Supporting Member

May 7, 2005
    Massachusetts
    When I had a MM Stingray 4 fretless I had Roto RS88s and the MM Stingray 5 I had awhile back had a RS77LE + .125 Roto flat E. They sounded good and tamed the basses IMHO

Flats don't kill the MM sound at all.