Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ti jazz flats on warwick thumb 5

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Ostur, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Ostur

Ostur

Dec 21, 2004
    I just got a new fretted warwick thumb 5,I like the ti jazz flats on my fretless thumb 5 but I hate the floppy b string,can anyone suggest a tighter set that sounds simular to the ti jazz flats,but also dont want to mess up the neck,Ive concidered the DR nickel lowriders after reading the threads,?

2. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    What's the scale length of your bass?

3. Ostur

Ostur

Dec 21, 2004

4. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Ok that does give you more options but not with Thomastik on a B string I'm afraid.

There really isn't any other 5 string flatwound set that will get you the same tone as TI's without having to tweak your truss rod a bit since the TI's are so low tension.

The TI Jazz Rounds have an even lower tension B string.

I'd suggest a set of LaBella Deep Talking Flats but you will need to adjust your neck.

5. JAL

JAL

Dec 15, 2004
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Thats the worst man...no matter what you do, your going to need to adjust your trussy. And speakin from experience: (own a warwick) the necks take a lil while to settle. So dont expect your new strings to be "feelin" right for awhile.

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I had them on the Warwick Infinty i had and it really limited their sound and the B string was to big for the saddle.

7. Ostur

Ostur

Dec 21, 2004
    thankyou for your reply,I did notice it takes awile for the neck to settle,about a week actually,and that is the reason I dont try many different strings on the warwick,I want a growly but not a brite string, but I also dont like stainless strings at all.

8. I've got a set of Sadowsky Nickels on my Streamer Stage 2 and I love them....BEST Strings I've ever had on her!!

Peace and Chicken Grease,

T

9. I fear im gonna have the same problem, im contemplating put Flats on my Fortress Flashback and im worried whats going to fit the bugger.

I know im going to have to order in a set anyways, so any suggestions??