TI Jazz flats - Soundcharacter

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by semborg, May 8, 2005.

1. I wanna know what's so special with TI Jazz flats strings.
    Are they unusual in anyway? construction?
    and soundwise, do they sound "über different" compared with other flats?

Thank you alot really again thanks very much!
  2. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    to me they have a definite roundwound sound when compared to other flats. they sound great and have nice low tension. they're not as smooth as other flats but certainly tolerable. they also have weird gages... from a 70 on the A to 100 on the E. The difference in gages of these two strings is very noticeable. not that its a big deal.

i am sure others can give better info as i have only tried about 4 or 5 different kinds of strings.
  3. dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Uber better! (Sorry, but I don't how to make the 2 little dots over the u on "uber" :D ).

Construction: they're wound with nickel (pure nickel, not just nickel plated, and they have silk somehow wound inside them as well. Not sure what all that does, but they do sound brighter, and with better mids than most flats.

The best part is that they last and last. They don't seem to go dead like rounds. I've heard of people playing the same set for years-- literally!
  4. I've been gigging over 3 years continuously with TI Flats on my MIM-P. They last forever.
  5. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    They do sound "considerably different" from other flats. And they have quite a different feel due to the tension when compared to other flats.

I personally like them very much. And yes, they last a LONG time! ;)
  6. J-Luc_Pickguard

Aug 24, 2004
    I have sets on three precisions and a jazz and I put an old, very worn-in set on my new dean pace electric upright yesterday. They are definitely my favourite strings. If only there was a short scale set available for my dano longhorn & musicmasters. They really do seem to last forever.