Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TI Powerbass vs Super Slinkies

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by resol, Nov 28, 2005.

1. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    i've pretty much used EB super slinkies exclusively on my musicman SUB ever since i got the bass (except a brief stint with XL's - they broke easily :meh: ). i like the sound, but the raw treble has really got to me

how do TI powerbass compare? i know their more expensive, but here they cost AU$50 - not bad considering i've bought $60 super linkies in the past :scowl:

in particular, less finger noise?

2. I've used both Ernie Ball Slinkys and TI Powerbass on my Curbow. I think the best way to describe the difference in sound is that the Powerbass strings sound a little more "polite", if you will. Definitely less "raw." They also cost more, and last longer. For playing rock music, I prefer the Ernie Balls. I'd suggest you try a set of Powerbass and see what you think. In the long run, it's a small investment.

3. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    less raw - thats what i wanted to hear!

about the point of costing more - here in Australia, strings can also be grossly overpriced - i've found super slinkies MORE expensive than powerbass's in some retail outlets...