1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ticking?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shnapper, May 26, 2005.

1. shnapper

shnapper

May 1, 2005
    Az
    Not sure where to put this, Amps or Bass..................

I plugged in a 115SBX-2 cab last night (15 inch with tweeter)
    and I notice now that my metal palm rest ticks if you touch it. So I unplugged the cab and ran through a 410 without a tweeter and I can't really hear this tick. Now is this a grounding issue with the bass ( fender marcus miller) or the nature of a tweeter?

I removed the palm rest as experiment and replaced the two small screws that hold it on. I replugged into the tweeter cab and I can tap on the screws themselves and hear the ticking. It's very similar to say a spark plug tick. I'm not sure what to do about it, if it's the guitar I can take it back to GC. I have a different guitar I plugged in and I tapped and slapped it everywhere on the body and it doesn't make this ticking sound.

So what do I do take the guitar back?

Note: the ticking happened in both active and inactive.

Update: I think it might be me, I took a shower and started playing again after words and the tick was gone. It must be static electricity, the tick is slowly working it's way back now.

This must be a shielding issue, I hope I don't have to spray myself with some anti static chemical hahaha.......