Tidbit on Movie Airheads

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Brendan, Jun 30, 2001.

1. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hey...saw that movie on Comedy Central, and it was just another movie pretending to know something about music...but something snagged my attention...When making demands Steve Buschemi (sp?) the bass player "Rex" :))) asks for, "A walnut Zon with a Graphite neck"...which actually shows up later in the feature.

Nice to know someone wasn't asleep at the wheel on that one!
  2. Airheads wasn't bad. I can watch it. gets a bit boring but hey its like "Criminal Spinal Tap". Its music nonetheless.

PLus i am the only to reply to your thread so far and i felt sorry! :p

3. I actually love Airheads. I must have seen it seven or eight times, the first of which I actually hated it. Its more laughing at the film than laughing with it, if you know what i mean.

Wait...that doesn't make much sense...stuff it. I like the movie. What were we talking about again?
  4. junior

May 6, 2001
    Austin, Tx
    The worst thing about that movie is the song they wanted to get played on the air is a freaking cover song. I don't even think the credits acknowledge that it is a remake of a classic punk song. Can anyone here who claims to be punk name the song and artist?
  5. Wow...I saw Airheads AGES ago...when I wasn't a bassist yet. The only demand I can remember is the football helmet filled with cottage cheese.

Anyhoo, I think I might go rent it when I'm over at my grandmother's place to watch it again.
    If I get to see a walnut Zon then hot damn, I might BUY the thing! :p

The video, that is.
  6. I liked that movie. Just kind of a fun comedy, those are fun.
  7. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    Ok, who would win a wrestling match between Lemmy and God? Trick question, Lemmy is God! Remember that part?
  8. ATLPUNK246

Jun 26, 2001
    <b>"Can anyone here who claims to be punk name the song and artist?"</b>

Degenerated by Reagan Youth
  9. junior

May 6, 2001
    Austin, Tx
    YES!!! We have a winner. I played in a punk band during high school and that was one of the songs we played. I think I still have that Reagan Youth record on vinyl somewhere. Too bad their other Vol 2 LP sucked.
  10. has anyone seen this funny movie??

if you guys pay attention, the bass player's demand from the police was a "Zon walnut bass with a graphite neck." and the guitarist wanted a PRS guitar with a dragon inlay.

just wanted to get that out of me.
  11. SockMonkey

Oct 26, 2001
    Irvine, CA
    i love that movie! seen it so many times

"Im gonna rip your heads off!" "with what?"

12. melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    Actally I think he said "Walnut Zon with a graphite neck"

But that is a great movie
  13. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    the best demand was a helmet full of cottage cheese
  14. I think the nude pictures of the Golden Girls lady was hilarious.