1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tie dye grill cloth

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ddbassGA, May 28, 2012.

1. ddbassGA

ddbassGA Gold Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    My bandmate's son (and awesome bass player) Ben Jordan has started making these. I think it looks great. Anyone interested?

.facebook_-1164800003.jpg

2. That is really cool.

Is it the same grill cloth material that manufacturers install?

3. ddbassGA

Nov 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    ^ Don't think so. I'll find out what he's using. He may have simply laid this over the original grill.

4. Wow!!

5. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Looks fantastic. Imagine getting both a custom T-shirt and matching grille cloth made. That would look more than cool.

6. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    If I were in a Grateful Dead tribute band, or were 50 years younger, I might be interested. :D

7. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    its interesting i couldnt rock it but others could

8. MrBEAR

MrBEAR In Memoriam

9. He might be a big rival with them charging $109 per grill. :eek:

10. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    Can't tell from the pic, but I can't imagine you could tie dye the normal plastic like grill clothe, is he just using like linen or a t shirt material?

11. ddbassGA

Nov 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    Ben is tie dying muslin and stretching/stapling over the stock grill cloth. He's quoting $50-60, depending on size.

12. MrBEAR

MrBEAR In Memoriam

Exactly why I posted the link with the suggestion that it be shared with the OP's friend.

Just not as blatant regarding pricing as you were, figured the "new kid" would appreciate knowing his products niche.