1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tiger Gets Woman at Wild Animal Park

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis

I cannot understand what was going through this woman’s mind!

murphy likes this.
  2. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    According to the NY Times, she got out of the car because she was arguing with her husband. She survived, but her mother (she and the husband tried to rescue her) didn't.

murphy likes this.
  3. bass12

bass12 Say "Ahhh"...

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    A tiger’s tooth by the looks of things. :bag:

Seriously though, that was a stupid move on the woman’s part but having the tigers roaming around without there being some kind of a barrier doesn’t seem like a great idea. I went to two wild animal parks this summer and there’s no way a predatory animal like a tiger would be able to “mingle” with the human traffic like that.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    murphy, The Owl and Jeff Scott like this.
  4. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I wonder if she passed on her genes before this tragic event.

JKos likes this.
  5. bass12

bass12 Say "Ahhh"...

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    I meant to say “allowed to mingle”, not “able to mingle”. This new time limit on post edits kind of sucks.

6. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
    Visitors undoubtedly sign a liability waiver when they enter the park. The waiver would include warnings that these are dangerous wild animals and you are not to roll down windows or get out of your car under any circumstances. If your car breaks down you flash your lights or honk the horn or something. Park rangers got on the scene very quickly due to video monitoring.

Having said all that, it’s a horrible thing to watch on video. :(

Dr. Cheese, murphy and equill like this.
  7. sleddogn

sleddogn

Sep 8, 2013
    Kentucky
    am thinking it was a set up by husband to get rid of mother'n law who probably moved in and stole his chair and also the remote for tv....very sad though:dead:

rendevouz, DrMole, ahc and 2 others like this.
  8. ElectroVibe

ElectroVibe

Mar 2, 2013
    I would never even visit one of these crazy places. Ever since I saw The Omen as a child, this has been my opinion.

Dr. Cheese and friskinator like this.
  9. bass12

bass12 Say "Ahhh"...

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    Some of them are really cool (though I have no interest in visiting a place where large predators are not fenced off), but a certain amount of caution - and use of common sense - is advisable. I wouldn’t even get out of the car around elk, let alone tigers!

murphy likes this.
  10. Lagado

Lagado Suspended

Jan 6, 2020
    Momentary lapse of reason. I wonder what the argument was about that it was so important...

murphy likes this.
  11. Tari

Tari

Feb 2, 2016
    Hamburg, Germany
    Tiger: 1
    Stupidity: 0

12. sleddogn

sleddogn

Sep 8, 2013
    Kentucky
    i'm thinking stupidity +10

Low8, equill and Jeff Scott like this.
  13. equill

equill

Nov 25, 2010
    Madrid
    I used to go to one as a child. They mingle fine - well, mostly they don't mingle at all. Cats aren't cattle: they spend most of their time lying down, not ambling around. Grass is more comfortable, so they don't usually lie on the road. A hard-topped car is all the barrier you need, as long as you stay inside it.

Went back there on a visit to the old country a couple of years ago. No more option to drive yourself, presumably because of this kind of behaviour.
    They offer a ride in the feeding cage as a replacement option, though. And by that I mean the cage from which they push the food out, not the one that the lions climb into in order to eat. That was fun.

Winslow likes this.
  14. equill

equill

Nov 25, 2010
    Madrid
    Knew I had some pics from that session. Here's a couple:
    Lioness_overhead.jpg
    "Let me in! It's me, Mittens!"
    Mittens.jpg

Jeff Scott, PWRL, Winslow and 2 others like this.
  15. Stempelloos

Stempelloos

Nov 3, 2008
    Netherlands

In may 2018 a visitor filmed the behavior of French tourists that went out of their car twice to take some photographs of the cheetahs. Lucky for them they got away alive.

OldDog52, murphy, GregC and 2 others like this.
  16. equill

equill

Nov 25, 2010
    Madrid
    Stupidity without borders.

17. sleddogn

sleddogn

Sep 8, 2013
    Kentucky
    think if they ate that kid, that woman would be toast the rest of her life, what stupid people they seem to be, maybe darwin was watch'n

murphy and Jeff Scott like this.
  18. sleddogn

sleddogn

Sep 8, 2013
    Kentucky
    i think she left a bad taste in the tigers mouth, lol

19. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
    DrMole, oldrocker and GregC like this.