Tiger Woods, y'all

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dave Siff, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Is this guy good, or what?
  2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Eh . . . he's alright, I guess . . . just alright . . . . ;)
  3. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

I agree.

Everybody else, Circa 2000
  4. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    I'm personally not a fan of Tiger Woods because I don't find his on-course attitude all that appealing. That being said, the man IS #1 in the world (I think :eyebrow: ), and he really is a natural talent. Still, whenever he wins, it doesn't seem like a real big deal because he does it so often.

Oh Phil Mickelson, where art thou?
  5. You nailed it, Brad. After today, I'm starting to wonder if everybody else circa-2005 is gonna go back to that circa-2000 mindset, where they feel like they're playing for second place. Conventional wisdom was, the swing change and marriage were going to combine to ruin him.
  6. AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Fo shizzle ;)
  7. I tought him everything I know! :D

Joking aside, Tiger is a great golfer, but I have to admit he does have a sore temper from time to time.

Ive heard some "not safe for TV" words from him when the mic was too close to him after his shot.

All in all I think Tiger is the greatest golfer to play the game, and he still has many wins under his belt.
  8. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Ruin him? I don't know of anyone that follows golf that felt Tiger was about to be ruined but he was definitely in a slump there for a while (although still at or near the top of the money list even while in his slump).

A lot of people were saying though that what he needed to do to regain his form of old was to go groveling back to Butch Henry. I'm glad to see he seems to be back on top without doing such a thing. It seemed like Butch was reveling in it to some extent. Some of Tiger's shots today were really thrilling.

I was hoping to see Olazabal and Tiger really go head to head though. I really like Olazabal. As for Mrs. Doubtfire (aka "Monty") I was glad he didn't take it. Never cared for that guy much.

brad cook
  9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Tiger is most excellent. However, I'll take Vijay anyday. My fave is actually John Daly.

10. Yeah, I overstated that a bit. "Ruin" is a bit strong. The whole marriage angle was silly, because Jack Nicklaus won everything he won as a married man raising five kids.

Butch Harmon. :)
    And I think you're right, 'ol Butch definitely was letting the whole thing feed his ego a bit. Tiger did hit some great shots yesterday, particularly that wedge out of the divot mark on #7. He has regained the ability to hit shots no one else can, which is what has always separated him from the pack.

It would have been cool to see Olazabal make a charge. When he birdied #4 to get within a shot, I thought maybe we were in for a battle. But, neither he nor Mrs. Doubtfire could sustain it. I was sorta surprised Vijay or Garcia didn't really step up, but like I said before, I think we're back to 2000 again where everyone just falls by the wayside.
    Four weeks 'till the PGA! :hyper:
  11. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Gah! Where the hell did I get butch henry?! Old Astros info creeping in I guess. I almost just said "Butch" because that didn't really sound right. It's kinda fitting that I can't even remember dude's name though. :smug:

brad cook
  12. Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    I turned the old tellie on yesterday and watched part of the PGA tour, and I must say, that it was the first time in my life that I felt 60 years old.