1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tigers in the World Series!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Trevorus, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Nice game tonight!

2. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    :(

Poor Oakland, flattened again.

Oh well, I guess I'm rooting for the Tigers now to win the Series since I live nearer to them!

-Dash

3. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Inactive

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    It's a shame I can't watch any of the games.

I'm stuck up in this craphole Mt. Pleasant. The cable company rapes you, so I can't afford cable. They get every Local channel except FOX, and they don't broadcast the games on any radio stations.

Yippie!!!

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Oh come on. Are you serious? No radio broadcast of any kind for Detroit Tigers games?

-Mike

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Did you try a bunny ears antenna? I don't even have cable, and Fox comes in really well!

6. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Man, that blast from Maggs was beautiful!

7. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Inactive

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Fox doesn't come in up here, even with bunny ears. And it comes on faintly on AM radio, but there is so much static it's not even worth the headache.

It's just not the same in Detroit. It's a shame that the Tigers have to play at that tacky monstrocity called Corporate America (Comerica Park).

Bar none, one of the WORST of the new cheesy cookie cutter ballparks. I thought after a few years it would grow on me, but I hate that park more and more every year.

They were showing clips of the 84' world series in old Tiger Stadium, and it's oh so depressing. That ballpark was the real deal.

8. crikker

crikker Yooper

Sep 25, 2004
    Oak Creek, WI
    It's going to be so good to see the boys back in the Series after all these years hey? That was a fun game to watch. Had me on the edge of the chair and what a finish. After the last few years, it's hard to believe they're there but it sure sounds nice.

9. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Dude, GO TO A BAR!!! Their are more bars on Mt. Pleasant then people. And I guarantee everyone was playing the playoffs on the tube.

10. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Good idea, burk.

BTW, I just want to say that you're the man. That's all.

11. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    So it's cards and the tigers... Ought to be interesting!

At least that's the way it looks to me.

12. Wasn't it, though? What a majestic shot. That has to be an awesome feeling.

13. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I have discovered that the key to a good nights sleep is a walk off Tigers Home run and a glass of Macallan twelve.:D

14. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Funny... all of the opinions that I've seen and all of the people that I've talked to that have been there say that it's a beautiful ballpark. YMMV, I guess.

15. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    I've never been to either stadium, but Detroit's got the coolest & classiest home whites in all of baseball. If the Mets choke, I'm jumping on the Tiger bandwagon.

16. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Bad Brains bitching. Imagine that.

GO TIGERS!!!!

17. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Inactive

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I don't have any money. Bars don't look to kindly to people who sit there and don't buy any drinks.

I could buy 1 drink and nurse it for a few hours, but it might look suspicious.

18. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    good for the tigers, now it makes the royals look even worse, we're always complaining about small market teams can't compete, well in the past the twins and a's did alright, now tigers in the world series, we have no excuse other than our cheap ass loser owner David Glass

19. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    Its facinating being from detroit and watching all the teams win these big games.. to bad im not a baseball fan. Now if only the pistons could get their good attitudes back and win another one.

20. Been a Tigers fan since I was a young lad. I'm STOKED for this!

(One of our two US TV stations was from Detroit, so I watched all the games I could on my little B&W tube.)