TIGHT FIT!! My PJ project

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassJunkie730, Sep 30, 2005.

1. BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Ok so I'll post more pics, but this one is awesome! You know a good sign of a tight neck joint is when you can not only pick the bass up with out the neck screws, BUT walk around your apartment with the darn thing parallel to the floor and shake it! I'll have to be careful applying finish around the neck heel (I think I'm just going to tape it off) as the neck is still unfinished. This by far is the TIGHEST joint I have ever experienced!

It's kind of an unlikely marriage too as the body is from Warmoth and the neck is from USA custom guitars :eyebrow: (best necks period IMO). Man it makes for a great fit though.

Check out the pic. http://www.talkbass.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=2013&password=0&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Oh and yeah I'm a total batchelor - white walls and all. who needs to spend money on comfortable living when you got bass stuff to buy? :bassist:

Hmm.. maybe there are more parts like this in the classified section :ninja: Hmmm.

2. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Like you, I went w/ a warmoth dinky j body, & a USACG neck... the neck joint was so tight, I literally had to tap the neck into place w/ a rubber mallet.
  3. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Be careful removing/reinserting the neck, you can chip the paint on the treble side of the body's neck pocket fairly easily. Next time you it's out, run some high grit sand paper around the neck where it fits in the body. Nothing major , just enough that you dont break anything to fit it in. And as you said, be careful with your neck finish - it will get too big very quickly.