1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tightest 4-10 for SVT?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rockbobmel, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

Now, how can you get the tight, punchy bass from maybe 2 x 410s that works well with a 300 watt tube SVT?

Will some 4-10s work better than others? I would like to get more punch without going to an 8-10.

Rickenbackerman said his SVT does not like his D-410XLTs.

I use the SVT with a D-410xlt and D-210xlt. It sounds good, but real loud in some rooms, the bass seems hard to control. I would like to be punchier.

Are Aggies tighter than Eden?
    How about Bergs?
    Both are ported though, and I wonder if sealed cabs is the only remedy.

2. The real problem with using an SVT with Edens would be too much low midrange, IMO--which would get flabby in a big hurry.

My GS-410 is considerably lighter on the low mids than a D-410XLT. It might work well with an SVT. It sure sounds good with an all-tube Aguilar DB359.

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'm a big fan of the SVT-410HLF. I currently use one & pair it with a Carvin RL210 (got it cheap) & it sounds great.

I used my 300w SVT-IIPRO with my SVT-410HLF alone for a few gigs & it worked extremely well. If you're dead set on 2, I think you'll be able to use it @ any gig you'll ever play. :)

4. The tightest cab will always be a sealed one, not a vented cab.

5. Rickenbackerman

Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
    bgavin's got it.