Tightest 5 string sets!!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by DryWater'Bass, Jun 14, 2002.

1. OK guys, I've been loking for new strings, I looove the sound I get from my Fender Stainless Rounds(45-130) but the B is too floppy for my taste...I alos would rather have a lightly smaller B string if it's possible, any responses would be cool...I've searched archives, and couldn't find any reccomendations....Hit me...Thanx in Advance
  2. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    DR Lo-riders my friend.

.45-.125 and tight as hell.
  3. I would suggest .45-130 Fodera Diamonds--tightest B on the market--but you said you wanted to go lighter, and I don't have any experience with the Fodera .45-125 set, so I will go from my experience and concur with Mr. Braatz: Lo-Riders all the way.
  4. Richard Cocco Senior RC5C ( .045 - .125 )

won't get tighter than that..
  5. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

That's the second time you have mentioned these strings. So you peaked my curiosity. I visited http://www.coccostrings.com/. There really isn't much info there. How did you find out about these strings? Why do you like them so much? How would you describe them? Where do you get them?
  6. I found out about them when i visited a small music-fair in Germany. there was a stand with cocco strings. the people were very kind, and they had 2 basses. so i tried one out, and fell in love with the strings. i've been using them ever since :)

What is it i like about them ? well.. the quality of materials and the way they're built.
    They are hand-made in the USA, and are wound with slightly increased pressure i think, because they're a lot tighter than any string i ever played.

They don't feel like stainless strings at all.. most stainless strings feel very rough and dry.. but the cocco's feel real smooth.. almost nickel like smooth..

They have real good sound too.. very good definition in the mids, lower-mids and lows.

i buy them at www.musikproduktiv.de for 40 Euro ( about $ 35 i guess ), which is actually the average price.. e.g. Ernie Ball slinkies cost 40 euro too, and DR's cost 56 euro..
  7. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Hi Allodo, I buy mine at my local store for Euro 49,95. Still a lot cheaper than the DR's.

I like the Cocco sound better than DR and their sound doesn't change that much in the first weeks. DR's sound very impressive when new on a bass but they wear out pretty quick. Maybe it's the acid on my hands, I don't know... All I know is I'm still on my first set of Cocco's and I still love the sound.