1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

tilt back combo suggestion

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by origami, Apr 3, 2006.

1. origami

origami

Jun 26, 2005
    Big D TEXAS
    Hi,

I was looking into getting a tilt back combo for use for church services, acoustic gigs and home rehearsal.

i have been currently been using my stingray 5 into gk1001rb-II head with my classic ampeg 1x15" cab, but sometimes it is a pain to carry and the church sound guy is a wuss, and complains that it is too loud stage volume.

i attempted to just go direct, but it was a nightmare :crying:

leaving the church soundman in control of my tone and volume on stage does not work. i get this barely audible tinny sound though the my monitor and the lower notes are not heard or felt. this causes the drummer and i to not sync up.

i usually just prefer vocals in my monitor, and telling soundman to turn me up and eq me won't work, and i will soon also be sharing my stage monitor with a keyboardist 9classing low notes), so i need to just have a combo so that the drummer and i can hear only me accurately. i need it to tilt back so the sound goes to my ears at a lower stage volume, and not bleed across the stage

therefore, i was looking into a bass combo with these preferences:

under $500

tilt back

probably 12"

can handle low B

XLR out (post EQ)

thanks

mm

2. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Fender Bassman 150
    SWR Working Pro 12

3. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    There's a thread on the DB side about tilting back non-tilt-back speakers, in case you fall in love with the sound of a combo that doesn't tilt back.

4. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    New Fender Bassman 150 tiltbacks.
    150 watts. 12 inch speaker. 30 something pounds.
    Great and - actually useful - little combo.

5. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
  6. phillys

phillys

Feb 4, 2006
    Malaysia
    My church uses the Ibanez SW100 Combo. There are plenty of knobs for you to play with as well as an XLR output with pre/post EQ options.

It's nice :)

7. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    I've been using my Carvin PB200 -15 in church for years. At times I've used an amp stand that holds it up off the floor a couple feet and at a 45 degree angle. Currently it's just sitting on a gramma pad. I like to be able to put stuff on top of it.
    The newer BRX combos look pretty nice as well.

8. bassash

bassash

Mar 23, 2006
    Well, I've just bought the new Line 6 Lowdown, it's 150W, you can tilt it back, it has cool effects and 5 different models and a direct out XLR thingy that is POD style (whatever that means). And the low end is powerful and the highs are punchy. It's proving to be an excellent amp so far and it's the right price range and size for you.

I would definitely recommend it.

9. leeothelyon

leeothelyon

Apr 4, 2006
    MY FIRST TILT BACK WAS AND STILL IS REALLY GOOD FOR THE VENUE YOU DESCRIBE, the HARTKE 120 tilt back combo,
    Cheap enough on E BAy.