1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Tilted" bass neck

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by BioDriver, Sep 7, 2008.

1. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    After playing my bass for a bit, I noticed something was a little "off" about my neck. I measured the distance from the body to the top of the 20th fret, and it was 1 mm higher at the G string than it was at the E string. Seeing as this is a new American std. jazz bass with a graphite reinforced neck, I don't think this is a warping issue. Any way for me to level off the neck? I'm pretty sure all it needs is some screw tightening at the heel.

EDIT
    After measuring my Ibanez and my roommate's J.B. Sledgehammer, I found that the same tilt is present on both basses, so I guess it's safe to assume that this is intentional. Disregard this thread and mods plz lock.