Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tim Cole...why didn't you warn me!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flywheel, Oct 1, 2003.

1. flywheel

flywheel

Jul 9, 2003
    Shawnee, KS
    I just picked up another Stingray but I didn't know you were selling your '78 for sure!!! Now it's too late for me! Ohhhhh... man :(

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Well, I wasn't planning on selling her, this was just decided within the last week.....after I got my 535, and fell in love with it.....it covers all my needs, and then some.

I hate to see the ray go, but I am building a kickass lightshow for my band, and need to free up some funds to do so.

Sorry bud.

By the way, how did the Stingturdser deal turn out for you?

3. flywheel

flywheel

Jul 9, 2003
    Shawnee, KS
    I made Bass Palace refund the full amt. of the sale plus extra to ship it back to them. He's now got the bass advertised with a correct description at $650 instead of the original $789 he was asking. I still think his price is too steep and I'll never do business with Bass Palace again.

I did score a gem off Ebay the other day (my new '98 Ray). I still wish I could have yours too though! Good luck selling her.

BTW...what's a 535, is that a Lakland?

4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    its a mtd 535..the one in his avatar :)

steve

5. flywheel

flywheel

Jul 9, 2003
    Shawnee, KS
    Thanks...I don't know much about MTD. I've seen several pics of them and they are usually nice on the eyes, but I couldn't play a bass with that body style.

6. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    lol..that was mine. i just traded it for his sterling....man this thing is great

steve

7. flywheel

flywheel

Jul 9, 2003
    Shawnee, KS
    oh yeah... Sterlings are awesome. Even they are a bit small for me though. Ever seen a big guy playing a Sterling? They look really small...like the pic of Anthony Valenti (Nino Brown) on his site; the bass looks like a toy on him.

I think a Sterling would look about the same on me.

8. flywheel

flywheel

Jul 9, 2003
    Shawnee, KS
    prime example:

9. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I'm 6', and 250# and it felt great......don't really care what the others though :)

Looks no more like a toy than a g**tar does :D

10. flywheel

flywheel

Jul 9, 2003
    Shawnee, KS
    I don't mean to suggest that you should care about what others think. I was just trying to say that it looks small on a big guy like Nino and I'm sure it would feel like a toy in my hands. You know what I mean? Everybody's different though...I play with the bass strapped low, Anthony seems to set his basses up higher, you might do the same.

11. flywheel

flywheel

Jul 9, 2003
    Shawnee, KS
  12. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    For the record, that's the womans ebay username, NOT mine :D