Tim Commerford (Audioslave, ex-RATM)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by morty25, Dec 22, 2002.

1. Hey, what u think of chris, i think hes great bassist and should never be frowned apon!!

ps. in the new audioslave video, he has this black bar on his jazz bass going from the pickup to the bridge, i think its for his fingers to rest on, but what is it called?

thanks morty
  2. pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    haven't seen the vid, but its probably just a finger rest.
  3. it is indeed a fingerrest, whos chris?
  4. savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    chris is the vocalist for audioslave.

i really like timmy, he mixes funk and rock beautifully. more rock than funk though.

{edit: I CAN'T SPELL!!!}
  5. well i know who chris cornell is, but whats he doing in that sentence? maybe im messed up but it doesnt make sense to me.
  6. tim c is great. chris was awesome with soundgarden, but he doesn't sound as good w/ the boys of rage, now audioslave. good, but not as good as he was w/ SG
  7. I'd say Chris sounds great considering he's about 40 years old.
  8. Ditto.

Audioslave sounds like classic rock stuff, but with harder music behind it. Not harder as in more technical, but more heavy.

In any case, I still like them. RATM was better though.
  9. Lowend4s

Jan 2, 2001
    Im going to buy that CD tomorrow. I love Timmy.
  10. marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    >>> I love Timmy.<<<

Have you.... ummm..... told Timmy how you feel about him?
  11. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    I hate his new pony tails
  12. i think the pony tails rock!
  13. odie

odie Supporting Member

In the MTV concert, whats the deal with the Jaz p-ups??
  14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

If it makes you feel any better, I hate his new tattoos. I just got Audioslave, fantastic basslines. Very good album, it's nice to hear rage with a singer... and not Zach.
  15. don't think those are new...he had the sleeves back in the day, i think. i remember seeing him wearing a tank top once, and it looked like he had on a black t-shirt under it...nope. just his tattoos.:p why would someone do that to their body? hmmm...oh well.
  16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

:rolleyes: whatev... I hate 'em
  17. I agree that Rage was better. So much more energy. Audioslave is much more chilled and is geared towards Cornell i think, not Morello and Timmy. One thing i always loved about Timmy C. was the fact that he could lay down a huge funk riff when Morello was banging out effects but also sneak in mello evil sounding lines. Still love the intro to Take the Power Back.
  18. I think Zach's rapping, style of singing, and voice is what made them Rage Against the Machine. I thought it fit perfectly. Cornell just doesn't seem to fit as well.
  19. Timmy C kicks you where the good lord split ya:p Anywho, i love his bass line, everything in RATM, and in Audioslave. Chris does sound like hes not really fitting in with A.S., but i still love tha album, expecially songs like "cochise", "Show me how to live", "Gasoline" and " I am the highway". But i do think RATM was the better band, and i too agree that the bass line to "Take the power back" is awsome, i would learn it, but i cant slap or pop that great on my 5. Anyone know what kinda effects hes using and what kind of amps he uses?
  20. I think he uses some Marshall distortion pedal called the Guv'nor or something... I'm not quite sure. He also uses Ampeg 8x10's and Ampeg SVT 4's (?).