Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tim Commerford bass effects?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sabbath1977, Jun 24, 2005.

1. I'd like to know which effects and pedals he uses on stage and recordings, with Audioslave and Rage Against the Machine( Evil Empire).

2. Do a search. This has been covered many times.

To answer your question more simply though, no one really knows except Tim. He has apparently made his own effects out of extra parts and wound his own p'ups. Tim C. is very secretive about his stuff for fear that someone will rip off his sound.

3. if you do a search on google on ratm, theres a site that comes up with heaps of info on them. im pretty sure its one of the main fan sites. it has a section which goes throo their gear. this is ofcorse if u want rage tones and not audioslave tones. yet he still has the growly distorted tone. from memory i know he uses a dist/overdrive, wah, octave, some form of filter and a delay. thats just off top of my head. sorry cant tell u the branfds aswell.

4. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    oh man, i don't mean to flame him, but i just read the bassplayer interview from this month, he's kind of a prick. i was sad, i like his tone alot and for some reason, in my mind, that made him a cool guy. lol

5. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    What was pricktastic about him?

6. unrealrocks

unrealrocks

Jan 8, 2004
    The main way he achieves that great tone is from running two rigs, a clean and a distorsion rig at the same time :) Although I'm sure this question is asked every 3-4 weeks, lol.

7. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    get the new bass player with bootsy on the cover, it has the layout inside.

8. I got The Magazine. Nice article.

9. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    I just realized I should never have sold my GV-2 as i listened an old sample I recorded on my compuer, fairly decent Sound IMO!!!

just WAYYY too much mids in there

I want an old one now!!!

10. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    Idk, he was all like "We're going to be around forever, and everyother band is crap, and we're going TO DESTROY YOU ALL AND TAKE OVER THE WORLD AND RAPE AND PILLAGE YOUR WIVES ::rips off shirt, bashes some poor intern in the face, then climbs the Empire State Building::"...i'm moderately sure that happened, they just couldn't print it because he's very secretive about his tone. :bassist:

11. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    anyone notice how serious that little bassist looks?

12. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    "THEY PILLAGED OUR VILLAGE!"