1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tim Commerford: Everything you ever needed to know

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Sean S, Nov 20, 2006.

1. So, since too many people aren't using the search, I decided to and came up with these links. They aren't organized in any way, but they range from what he specifically uses, to how to cop his tone, to gear related to his setup. There's more...but this is somewhat more recent (i.e. I didn't go through all the search pages). Enjoy.

Most Definitive Tim C. Thread to date (IMO, of course)
    Muse/Audioslave Bass Effects

"Best" Timmy C. distortion pedal
    Battle of L.A. with a sansamp
    Distortion
    More Distortion

More Distortion
    Splitter-combiners
    A/B Boxes & Distortions

Use of 2 crybaby's
    Wah Pedals
    Rock Wahs
    More Wah

Daniel Tulips "RATM With a POD" Thread

2. TeenZombie01

TeenZombie01

May 14, 2006
    I love how a lot of those spawned from questions I asked about Timmy C.

3. haha I didn't notice...maybe you're the source of all frustration :p

but if someone has another link to a thread, just post it and i'll edit the OP.

sean

4. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    That 6th thread is the grail of Timmy C related information. Im still impressed by it.

5. bump
    edited for clarity

6. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    good job.. i might do one of these for wolstenholme

7. I was thinking maybe a sticky :p (i love nominating my own post :D)

8. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    great idea!
    we all see many posts about these guys, but if there is a sticky, this should be reduced significantly at least!!!

9. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Interestingly, the existing FAQ sticky already has a Tim C gear link, and people still ask the same questions. Getting people to actually read the stickies seems to be part of the challenge. However, having a dedicated Tim C sticky might get more notice.

xan - You are hereby nominated to do a "How do I get that Muse sound?" thread ;)

10. rockerc

rockerc

Mar 4, 2006
    Rockwall, Texas
    great idea homies

11. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yeah, we used to have a bunch of stickies here on all the usual subjects, and "nobody" read them... Then the mod consolidated them into one or two FAQ stickies, and still "nobody" reads them.

I am thinking of the predictive suggestions given by certain text msging programs or the Firefox Google field... Maybe we can adapt that technology so that whenever somebody starts to type in keywords such as RATM, Muse, compressor, distortion, guitar, etc., a window will pop up with a list of threads tagged with those keywords. And people with under 50 posts would be required to click on at least two of those threads before they could proceed with their own post. ;)

I'm not being serious here, BTW. I don't think there is a realistic solution that will work well for everybody. :meh:

12. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    I used to frequent a forum that whenever you tried start a new thread, it took you to a page that said "Did you search?" before allowing you to start the topic.

Pretty rad and only mildly intrusive.

13. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    If you want stickies read, maybe title them "DON"T READ THIS!!" or "SECRET INFORMATION FOR SPECIAL MEMBERS".

nad - That's NOT a horrible idea.

14. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Isn't reverse psychology awesome? :D

15. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Gladly accepted :) Ive got an exam tomorrow but will do it after that is out of the way.

16. bump for new readers :D

17. Andy V.

Andy V.

Nov 5, 2006
    Rio
    Just like me...
    And I'm here all the afternoon... :rolleyes:

18. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    one forum I used to go to actually required that n00b's threads had to be approved before posting.. so if you had like say less than 100 posts or soemthing, a moderator had to approve it prior...

More work for the mods, yes.. but not a bad idea, either.

19. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Inactive

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    PM sent :D

20. Link Added!