Tim Commerford - R.A.T.M/Audioslave

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mebusdriver, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Anybody know what type of distortion he uses? Not sure if he's worked with different boxes but I'm specifically interested in the distortion he used on The Battle of L.A. Thanks. :bassist:
  2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I think his name is Tim Commerford, hence the nickname Timmy C. That's about the extent of my bass knowledge on RATM/Audioslave.
  3. Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    Yeah, its Commerford. I read an interview with him a while back and he was like; "vintage this and modded that, I wound my own pickup coils, I have stuff in my rack thats not plugged in so nobody knows what I am using" Now thats not a direct quote but it summs it up more or less. He is really scared of somebody ripping off his sound. Kind of a dick it seems, its too bad cuz he is one of my favorite bass players. He did mention an old Govnor' as well as admiting to liking the new Mesa M-pulse stuff.
  4. Yeah that's him. Hmmm.... where in the h**l did I get O'connor? What's all this about him wanting to fool people so they won't copy his sound? I thought it was the songs you wrote and the lines you played that kept you playing bass for a living. :rollno: That's weak.
  5. Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    I don't think thats the whole article. That Bassplayer mag came out like spring time I think. Pretty sure its the same interview though. Later on he starts going off about how as soon as people know exactly what his rig is then there will be some japanese band with a bass tone exactly the same as his. There are all these people who want rip off his tone that has taken him years to perfect. I'll try and find the article.
  6. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Didn't he build at least one of his (distortion?) pedals himself? Other than that, I heard the Guv'nor thing too. But seriously, this guy is way too paranoid about his rig.
  7. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Of course he's paranoid! Geddy's trying to cop his tone! :ninja: ;)
  8. Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    And before you know it Rush will be doing Rage covers. :ninja:

Come on Timmy C. Yes, your tone is great, but what makes it great is whats being played. Some people just don't realize that.
  9. At least he is worried about His tone, and he's not copying someone else's playing. I'll let him be a dick if he keeps doing what he does best: accenting Morello's skills with his own.
  10. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Any pedal gurus take a look at that board in the article and make some of 'em out? :)