1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TIM COMMERFORD.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TeenZombie01, Jul 29, 2006.

1. TeenZombie01

TeenZombie01

May 14, 2006
    I am so sorry, I had no idea that you had a TalkBass account, there you go man. If you want me to take it all down I will at your request.

2. How are those contradicting statements? Wood isn't the same thing as weight. He could make the damn thing out of solid Onyx and if it's heavier, it would get a thicker tone in his opinion...:rollno:

And TeenZombie: wow, I can't believe you tried to plagiarize the whole thing. One little note at the bottom doesn't cut it. I've had the same thing done to me on another forum and it pissed me off to no extent. The guy tried making money off of my material. If you did it to try and earn a place, you definitly went to dead last in my book. Just above KS.

Thanks to the ORIGINAL poster for this awesome thread!

3. chrisp2u

chrisp2u

Aug 15, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Ummm... because a majority of the weight in a bass is determined by the material used for the neck and body... he is using *wood* basses as demonstrated by the many pictures posted at the beginning of this thread. Differrent woods (due to the inherent density and other factors of each species) and the quality of woods chosen greatly impact the weight. He is therefore, to some degree, admitting that wood does affect his tone. :eyebrow:

I'm guessing that titanium would be more bright than thick sounding... it would be very light though :)

4. Soak the body in epoxy and then tell me that the wood determines weight.

and some degree != total contradiction.

5. chrisp2u

chrisp2u

Aug 15, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Whoops, sorry I didn't specify the specific degree of contradiction... but "total" was never included in any of my previous statements. I'll be more careful in not using terms in the general sense for future postings as to not confuse. Thanks for setting me straight.

I know what you're trying to say, but we're dealing with some absolutes here... we can see the basses Tim C is playing, and beyond pickups and pickguard modifications (as mentioned), they *appear* to be pretty unaltered (ie. I seriously doubt they were dipped in epoxy).

I wasn't looking for any argument in my original post, just pointing out something that I thought was kinda funny in the statements provided. Apologies if that somehow rubbed you the wrong way or hurt your feelings, Kickin'Fruit. It seems that was the case.

And apologies to others following this thread which seems to have veered off into a pointless argument that has nothing to do with Tim C.

Now back to your previously enjoyed thread already in progress.
    ---
    c

6. I guess it makes his ramp fit better to the body when that part of the pickguard is removed

7. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Yes it does, its called a reference.

8. FrigginChris

FrigginChris

Feb 6, 2006
    illinois
    argh! you beat me to it.

9. Listen guys I don't mind my work being spread at all, just woulda liked to been asked first.

Anyway I'm starting to question how relevent this thread is to the Effects Forum...

10. uly_

uly_

Jul 4, 2005
    Denmark
    Finding it relevant as there's about 400 thread's about Tim Commerfords overdrive tone and more is comming when the new album is released.

Just my 2 cent :)

11. About a quarter of my article is about his effects....
    If I were to have put my own work on this board then maybe I would only have put the relevant parts....

12. uly_

uly_

Jul 4, 2005
    Denmark
    Yeah of course, you're right about that :)

I just think that people tends to think "effects" when they think "commerford" and therefore they make all timmy c related threads here in the effects forum.

Ah well :D

13. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Surprise, AZ

My thoughts exactly. :confused:

14. Sorry, I think someone just pissed in my cheerios that morning. And I had to deal with a lot of people and their sarcastic remarks all that day about the weather. Can really get to a guy :) So, yeah, good post lotsa info. I thought it was pretty coincidental that this post came up around the time I was researching Tim C anyway. Bummer he keeps his gear somewhat secret. I don't blame him for wanting to keep his tone exclusive to him, Flea did it a lot when the Chili Peppers first started getting famous.

15. TeenZombie01

TeenZombie01

May 14, 2006

16. I wasn't going to argue this point but TZ seems to think it justifies him making a failed attempt at taking credit for this post.

There is a standard format for 'references' for it to be considered one. And that isn't quite there. I definitly thought TZ was the original author the way he was carrying on with thank-yous through most of the thread.... that is until the OP showed up and busted him.

17. FrigginChris

FrigginChris

Feb 6, 2006
    illinois
    How did he bust him? I don't think TZ was trying to take full credit for it at all. When he first copied it over here he mentioned that he got it from an audioslave forum.

Post number 7 in this thread proves it.

After that post he went back and put in a link to the very thread he got it from, well before the origional author "busted" him.

18. stop defending him i just want to be a grumpy MAN!!!!

19. FrigginChris

FrigginChris

Feb 6, 2006
    illinois
    Sorry!!:bawl: grump away!! :D

20. bassling

bassling

Mar 3, 2006
    Sooo...

We should have one of these for Justin Chancellor. I'd like to see that too.

All we need is to hunt down a Chancellor fanatic...