Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tim McGraw - Dancehall Doctors

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by cassanova, Jun 26, 2003.

1. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I just downloaded a good portion of this album to see if it would be worth buying.

Man am I dissapointed with this one. I usually like his stuff. But this one so far is just horrible. Ive heard maybe 2 songs that I like and maybe 2 that could grow on me. Out of 15 total songs thats a crappy ratio. The music on alot of it is pretty good, but the lyrics and the way he's singin them are just not what I expect from him. P2P networks just saved me $15-$20 cause theres no way in hell Im buyin this cd. Not even keeping the downloads

Anyone else heard it? If so what do ya'll think?

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I've not liked much of his recent outings... but the local country station gets turned off when they play "Real Good Man" off the new album, you'd think he could afford better material :rolleyes:

3. I prefer his Dad's pitching over his music.

4. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    There seems to be a pretty big decline in the quality of songs coming out of Nashville, recently. My favorite is that "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" song. Wow, it must have taken that dude a whole 5 minutes to write that one. :rolleyes:

One the other hand, I really like Rascal Flatts. I saw them on a live broadcast a few months ago and it's astonishing how much talent those guys have. There bass player usually just does some tasteful stuff on the radio edits, but man, he can rip it up live, when he wants to.

5. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida