Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tim Skold

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Blunk, May 28, 2003.

1. Blunk

Blunk

Aug 14, 2002
    Hey,

I just got TGAOTG, its typical manson, great rock songs, i was just wondering what anyone thinks of Tim Skold now that the album is out?

Personally i dunno if you can really compare him with Twiggy because this album has a real concept behind it, and i think it would be hard to compare them on that basis.

What do you guys think?

Doll-Dagga Buzz Buzz Ziggety-Zag is a deadly song!!!

2. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Well I listened to the album for the first time the other day, and I must say that it sucks. The absence of Twiggy is very prominent. While I think KMFDM is cool and all, the constant electronic aspect of the album was a huge turn off for me. I liked how they dabbled into that in the previous albums, but in my opinion, this new album totally blows. The lyrics, while they've never been great, are just flat out stupid and stupid sounding. Sure, it's for effect, but at least in the past they "sounded" cool. Now it's just flat out annoying.

I don't know how much Skold had to do with the writing on the album, but I definitely miss Twiggy's presence as I really liked the songs he wrote/contributed to. Just about everything he did on Holywood was, IMO, killer. He really knew how to write good, catchy rock songs, and the instrumentation/sounds really worked for Manson as a band and singer.

Just my $0.02.

PS: Interesting note, but there are like 3 tracks in the middle of the album that sound like revists to the previous 3 albums. For example, the title track sounds like something off Holywood with that freaky carnival type music in the background, especially during the choruses. The on after that is similar to Mechanical Animals with it's synthy/poppy/rock sound. And the one after that sounds a bit like something off Antichrist, at least with the heavy distortion/fuzz sound (as seen in the intro of that song). It could be accidental, but those little bits and pieces that reminded me of the old stuff really got my attention.

3. walewein

walewein

Jun 13, 2003
    Belgium
    I'm more of a twiggy fan, and I agree, the first time I listened to the album it sucked too me too. But it's just the type of music you need to listen to more then once to like.

I understand twiggy for leaving, because the new marilyn manson like in his album looks like something that's not in twiggy's nature. I'll miss him, but he's playing with a perfect circle now. A band I don't like that much...