1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tim Smith of the prog-punk band Cardiacs had a heart attack. Buy this album to help!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Buchada Azeda, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Buchada Azeda

Buchada Azeda

Mar 25, 2009
    Brazil
    [SUB]I'm not affiliated with this.
    [/SUB]
    As some of you may know, the lead-singer/guitarist of the progressive rock/psychedelic/punk group Cardiacs had a major heart attack in 2008 (oh, the irony!).

He's still in hospital bed and under treatment, and us fans would love him to get him back home and play music.

Now, a group of artists decided to record a tribute album. All profits will go to a fund for Tim's recovery.

You can preorder the album here: http://www.thegenepool.co.uk/items/597.htm
    There's an exclusive album included with the preorder only.

The artists list includes: Oceansize, Steven Wilson (of Porcupine Tree/No-Man/Blackfield fame), William D Drake and others.

Please buy the album; Tim is a great guy and he knows how to make some good music. Let's help him get back on track.

Here's a Cardiacs song, for those who don't know them:

2. fu22ba55

fu22ba55 Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Seriously... the irony is overwhelming.

Too bad they didn't call the band the Lottery Winners.

Neat track. I had not heard of these guys.

3. bassplayeroreo

bassplayeroreo

Jun 8, 2009
    Tel Aviv
    ahh I didn't know this came out! Get well soon Tim! I can't wait to get to England and actually see him play... Selfish me