1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Time Between GAS

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 48thStreetCustom, Dec 25, 2016.

1. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    How long do you wait in between GAS purchases? i bought a resonator guitar 2 month ago, but now I have a gift card and a Korg Keyboard calling my name.

2. Stewie26

Stewie26 Supporting Member

I can go quite awhile. I have all the bass guitars I will ever need. This past month I have been updating my jam room/studio with a new Yamaha mixing board and new Radial Direct boxes. I am also thinking about putting some acoustic bass traps in the corners of the room.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    48thStreetCustom likes this.
  3. Chicory Blue

Chicory Blue Secretly Queen of the Moon Supporting Member

As a relative newbie without much cash, I'd say it works out to about a day of having the thing I wanted that I begin to wonder about the next item on the ladder, while the time it takes me to succumb to that urge varies with the price and overall importance of the item. There's a fretless jazz bass calling my name at the moment, but it's neither affordable nor necessary to the sound I'm working on, so I should be able to last a while... Hopefully.

--^@

48thStreetCustom likes this.
  4. 5544

Dec 1, 2015
    The last time I bought something was in April 2016 and that was a tuner.

5. bassdude51

bassdude51 "You never even called me by my name." Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio
    About this long........................

f-life-is-quicker-then-the-blink-of-an-eye-the-story-of-love-is-hello-goodbye-jimi-hendrix-83168.

6. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    It could be expressed by a "0"
    so even though I love what I just got I have a short list in my head--and I start planning that.
    I am content with what I have so if I never bought any more gear--that would still be okay--but that doesn't mean I can't consider adding to it either.
    So after my last pedal purchase I was thinking about the next pedal I am looking for (Which could be the lats for some time--unless something real cool comes along--but I wouldn't be looking--I'd be planning on making or buying a pedal board)
    With my recent bass amp acquisition I wasn't planning my next one--but I was thinking of other things--like a small tube amp for guitar or a keyboard.

7. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown

Feb 16, 2011
    I've never suffered too much from GAS, i'm more like an insecure teen and fall in love on the first date too often, and it's usually amps. I'm GTG on basses and i don't use stomp boxes. I've go a couple of DI boxes and even a mic, stand, and cable to use if needed. I've got all the essential extras and good bags/cases to make everything easy to move. If i need a piece of gear i don't hesitate to get it as soon as the need arises.

Where I get in trouble is someone lets me try an amp i don't have and it sounds good to me or i try one out in a store and i like the sound. That happens and i start looking for reasons my existing stuff is lacking, or how that amp i just tried would be better suited to my situation, I'll begin to shop for the head, and cabs that best exploit it's capabilities. I'll turn over every rock out there looking for a deal on a low mileage used one. If i get lucky and don't find a deal right away, my excitement will slowly die off and i escape unburdened by yet another amp I'll keep a while before making someone else a killer deal on.

Now if it's something i need right away i'm less interested in a killer deal and more interested in getting what i need in a timely manner so that's a whole other situation.

My current love interest is a Reverend Dub King. I don't need it but i really want one, so i keep checking around for deals.