1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Time for a change.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sowegafly, Apr 26, 2010.

1. sowegafly

sowegafly

Mar 25, 2010
    I've had a gk800rb and an ampeg 15" cab for several years now. The head is the only bass amp I've ever had except for a little peavey combo I had way back in the day. I used to have a peavey 4x10 cab but it died several years ago right before a gig and the ampeg cab was the only available cab to buy locally that day so I've been stuck with it ever since and haven't really been happy with it. I've been looking at buying an avatar 2x12 cab. I cant decide between getting that now and saving for either a genz benz head or tc electronic 450 down the road or just getting one of those gk mb combos everyone been talking about. what should I do? and why?? Thanks in advance

2. Avatar 212s a good choice also the G-K NEO212 ( www.rmcaudio.com if you are in the USA). The GB and (from what I have heard) the TC are real nice also. So is the G-K 700RB II, a different animal than the 800RB but may be the next legend amp from Bob Gallien. I would say to pickup a cab first and you won't be locked into buying cab and head when/if you try another amp head?