1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Time for a change

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by coldwater, Apr 28, 2010.

1. coldwater

coldwater

Jun 15, 2008
    After a few years playing through the same setup, I'd like to change things up a bit and get a new sound while keeping the same head and cabinet. Currently I play an 800rb head through a Avatar 2x10 cab. My setup is currently a new Cirrus 4 string into a sansamp bass driver (I bypass the GK Eq and use the sansamp). I also have an MXR Octave pedal in the chain, but I don't use it all that much. What I'm looking to do is add a little bit more punch and beef, if that makes any sense. I was looking into adding a EBS MultiComp but wasn't sure if that would give me what I'm looking for. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    More punch and beef comes from more speaker area than just a 210 IME. Adding another cab would bring a lot more to the table.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    +1. a second 210 like yours will go a long way to improving your tone and feeling good about your rig.

4. groove pump

groove pump

Oct 24, 2006
    +1 to the idea of another cab, but make sure you'll have the minimum ohms you need for your head to remain un-melted, right?

I'm no student of compressors and limiters, but I often think I'd be smart to have a half-decent one, at least for live playing where I don't want the occasional "clank" to smack anyone in the ears. If you check out something like the EBS, try to bring your rig to the shop to get the best idea of what it will do with your sound.