1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

time for a new amp...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shortdawg161, Aug 30, 2002.

1. shortdawg161

shortdawg161

Jun 15, 2002
    i have only been playing for a year and i have a fender bassman 60 bass. im looking for something a little louder but not to much money. im thinking somewhere under 550$. any suggestions?

2. What bass are you playing with?! We need to know in order to be of some help. I'll suggest the Ampeg B-100R anyway. It's in your price range, too.

3. shortdawg161

shortdawg161

Jun 15, 2002
    im playing a fender bassman 60 right now. and i need something louder.

4. Not much, unless you look used. I would try to find a good head, like a used Ampeg or something, and a cab. A thing to think about is if what you buy now can be upgradeable in the future and/or if they will suit your needs. The good thing is if you buy a head and a 2x10 or a 15 cab, you could add another cab down the road and have a kicking rig. Try to find some stores that have a somewhat large selection and try different combinations to see what you like.

jtbp

5. shortdawg161

shortdawg161

Jun 15, 2002
    and the bass is a squir p-bass. sorry.

6. ScretHate

ScretHate

Jun 29, 2002
    Georgia, USA
    I have also suggest an Ampeg B 100R. I own one and love. Loud with wonderful tone.