1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Time for a new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassLift, May 20, 2012.

1. BassLift

BassLift

May 3, 2011
    Boulder, CO
    After a year with my BTB 776 I've realized I'm not a 6 string bassist. What would you suggest for a good 5 string in the $600-$700 price range?

2. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    I think a lot of people will disagree, but an Epiphone Thunderbird 5 would do fine. Slim neck, through body design and an nice output. It only has 20 frets, so I'm not sure how high you go now on the neck...

3. BassLift

BassLift

May 3, 2011
    Boulder, CO
    Bumpsky

4. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    find a used 55-02....those things are EXTREEMLY versatile and are great players!

5. Mola Ram

Mola Ram

Jan 18, 2010
    Chicago
    I'm not saying this isn't a nice bass but the necks on them may be the farthest thing from slim I've ever felt. It's 1.93 at the nut. Even the notoriously chunky neck of a 5 string Fender Precision is thinner than that at 1.875.

6. Audiomarkj

Audiomarkj

Sep 1, 2008
    Endorsing Artist: Brubaker Basses
    Check out the Brubaker Brute Series Basses. You can thank me later. LOL !! :>}

7. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    Well of course it's a feeling you have. I played one 2 years ago and for me the feeling was fantastic! I'm very glad everybody haas it's own opion and taste. The world would be very boring if we all thought the same :);)

8. Andy_D

Andy_D

Nov 28, 2009
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I've been gassing for a Brute. Might be one of my next acquisitions.