Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

time for new strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Wes I AM, Feb 14, 2001.

1. Wes I AM

Wes I AM

May 27, 2000
    Tampa, FL
    Hey guys, I have had a set of Elixers (45-135 i think) for about 6-7 months and they have been grrreat. However for the last week or so I have noticed that my bass has been lacking somewhat in Thump. Is it my strings? My amp is doin great and I'm pretty sure its not my bass sooo.. Refresh my memory if ya don't mind - How much will the thump or rumble increase if I get a nice new set? and what brand do you guys recommend for good Low end? the note definition has been poor also lately and i have been getting some really annoying ringy overtones from my E string when playing my G string. please help fellas! thanks guys and gals..

2. Wes I AM

Wes I AM

May 27, 2000
    Tampa, FL
    PS - when I say that the note definition has been poor I mean that the lows (espescially my low B) have just sounded way to highish ya dig? not enough low growl tellin ya "hey I am a muthaf*ckin badass low note so watch out!" thanks again guys and gals..