Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Time for Shameless Self Promotion

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SuperDuperStar, May 8, 2003.

1. Check out some tunes on MP3.com from my band 'Wlakers Line'. They were recorded live off the floor at a club. Just looking to get some general feedback. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

www.mp3.com/walkersline

Oh yeah, that's an F Bass back in the mix somewhere :)

2. i DLed "do you want me." my computer's an a-hole and i'm not getting the others to work. sounds good! great bass tone, and really solid playing.

3. Come on lets hear some feedback!!

4. ConU

ConU

Mar 5, 2003
    La Belle Province
    Are'nt you the guy who said he did'nt need any help,and was gonna go out of his way to step on other bands that were trying to take your (battle of the bands)gigs?:D :

5. Battle of the bands Gigs???? Those are for highschool bands. Plus, I never have and never would play one. It wouldn't be fair to the other competitors ;) :D

I never said I would go out of my way to step on other bands, I said I wouldn't go out of my way to help them get something that my band also wanted.

Also, I'm not asking for help. I was just interested to see what people on here thought of the tunes.

6. ConU

ConU

Mar 5, 2003
    La Belle Province
    You said it was a live recording,and I heard no crowd noise so I assumed it was a Battle of the Bands.;)

7. Zing, ha ha :oops:

:D

It was recorded "live off the floor" at a club. It was mid day and the club was empty. It was a really economical way to record a basic demo.

8. ConU

ConU

Mar 5, 2003
    La Belle Province
    So you guys have no coin behind you...

9. Well this was done a few months after we had our full line up just to let people know where we were at. The lead guitar player just came out of a band that was signed to Arista/BMG, and the song 'Better' was cowritten by our singer and a guy who has collaboratted with Alanis Morisette among others. The original version of that song had Nelly Furtado's drummer on it.

This band is still in the begining stages and are trying to negotiate some 'coin'(aka, other peoples cash) to produce a fully tracked demo.

10. ConU

ConU

Mar 5, 2003
    La Belle Province
    Well good luck with that then.:D